Raleigh, North Carolina
Laurie began her work with the firm in 1993 as a legal nurse consultant. She was actively involved in case evaluation, development and litigation. She has worked on medical malpractice cases involving a wide range of injuries to both adults and children, with a concentration on birth injury cases.
Laurie remained at the firm as a part-time nurse consultant while attending law school at the University of North Carolina. She joined the firm as an attorney in the spring of 2004. She continues to concentrate on medical negligence cases involving injuries to infants and children. She has coauthored seminar presentations and publications on the evaluation of medical malpractice cases and the effective presentation of damage issues. Laurie has one child: Kaitlyn.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina,
- North Carolina State University,
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University of North Carolina,
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys