Kirby & Holt - North Carolina Negligent Security Attorneys
At Kirby & Holt, our negligent security lawyers have represented many personal injury and wrongful death clients whose injuries and losses could have been avoided if a property owner or employer had taken the necessary precautions to protect them from violent attack. If you have suffered injuries from a physical or sexual assault at the workplace or elsewhere, or if a family member was a homicide victim in circumstances where proper security could have made the difference, contact the Raleigh workplace violence attorneys at Kirby & Holt.
Our attorneys David Kirby and Isaac Thorp won the largest workplace violence jury verdict in U.S. history in a 1999 Asheville case. It involved a deranged and homicidal employee whose threats were ignored by management until he killed three workers and wounded another.
Other cases we’ve handled include:
- A nursing home attendant, hired despite a conviction for felony child abuse, who brutally beat an elderly Alzheimer’s patient
- A hospital social worker who was raped and murdered by a laundry worker who was merely sent home for the day when he previously had assaulted two fellow workers
- The rape of a convenience store worker forced to work alone at night in an area known for its violent crime
Our negligent security lawyers can analyze and present facts in cases of violent crime involving:
- Negligent criminal background checks, employee discipline, or personnel policies
- Malfunctioning security cameras
- Inadequate lighting in areas such as parking garages, shopping mall parking lots, or recreation areas
- Poor training and supervision of security employees
Assaults occur in hotels, shopping centers, hospitals, nursing homes, on the job and a host of other areas. For a free and confidential consultation about your circumstances, contact the North Carolina negligent security attorneys at Kirby & Holt in Raleigh.