Kirby & Holt - North Carolina Premises Liability Lawyers
Property owners owe their visitors, customers, and guests a duty to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition, or at least to give fair warning of any unsafe conditions. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a building, parking lot, or jobsite that was not maintained in reasonably safe condition, contact the Raleigh premises liability attorneys at Kirby & Holt.
Our experienced personal injury and wrongful death attorneys can help in situations such as:
- Structural collapses of porches, balconies, or roofs
- Unsafe construction zones, jobsites, or remodeling areas
- Dangerous stairwells
- Burns or electrocution caused by improperly placed power lines
- Accidents on amusement park rides
- Food-borne illnesses acquired in restaurants or fast-food outlets
- Unsupervised or poorly maintained swimming pools or wading pools
- Negligent security or surveillance resulting in violent crimes
Kirby & Holt attorneys secured the largest workplace violence verdict in the U.S. in an Asheville case involving a disgruntled former worker who killed three of his fellow workers and injured another during a shooting spree. A sampling of other cases includes a multi-million dollar verdict for burn injuries suffered by a worker during the filming of the movie “The Crow;” recovery for a female convenience store worker who was kidnapped and raped; recovery for the family of a Raleigh social worker who was kidnapped and murdered by a co-worker; recovery in two separate cases of construction workers on high rises who fell through unsecured holes.
If you or someone in your family is seriously injured because of hazardous property conditions, contact a North Carolina premises liability attorney at Kirby & Holt to learn more about your legal rights and our ability to represent you.
For more information regarding premises liability, visit our Premises Liability Information Center.